Saturday, December 6, 2014



Wounded Warrior Blog Hop!

Hi all,

For those who don't know me, I'm Sandy Sullivan and I write erotic contemporary westerns. If you like hot cowboys, I've got you covered. You can find out more about me and my books at my website.

As for Wounded Warriors, it's a great cause and I hope you'll comment on my blog post so I can donate to this charity. That's what this blog hop is all about. For every comment I will donate not $1 but $2 to Wounded Warriors.

This charity helps take care of soldier's coming back from different zones who are hurt and need a little extra something. They also help families cope with things that might be arising due to a soldier's injuries whether it be fixing their house so they can get around, working with the family's on adjusting to a life where things might not be so easy, or helping the solder get work in a career field different than he was trained for initially.

I'm also doing a giveaway. Tell me what you are thankful for and I'll give away a copy of the winner's choice of any of my backlist of books. You can find them all listed at my website where you can read blurbs and excerpts, check out covers, and find buy links to all my books.

As for my latest book, Kiss Me Cowboy, here is a quick little excerpt or whet your whistle and tempt you to check out cowboys to read.

Don't forget to leave a comment!

Sandy

P.S. I will also be giving away a $25.00 Amazon GC to one lucky commenter so be sure to leave your comment today!




Excerpt

Joshua Young brought the bottle of beer to his lips, to wash away the grime from a day in the saddle on his family ranch. Damn, I’m beat. A couple of his friends played pool in the corner as he watched with disinterest. He didn’t care much for getting rambunctious tonight. The feeling of restlessness had him in its grip without showing signs of letting up. Maybe a raunchy night of sex would take care of his problem.
He glanced around the bar. A couple of his brothers sat with their girls in a corner booth. It was the first time his triplet, Joel, had been able to get Mesa out of the house since the birth of their little girl a few months before. He was happy for the brothers who’d hooked up with a woman recently. He actually felt it might be time for him to settle down. Jeff had his girl Terri, Joel had Mesa, Jeremiah had a special girl named Callinda, Jacob had Paige and now his other triplet Jason had hooked up with Peyton, one of the bartenders at The Dusty Boot. All of his brothers seemed to be pairing off…Okay, well not all of them. Jackson didn’t have a steady girl, neither did Joey or Jonathan, but he started to think he’d be the last to find a woman of his own. He wasn’t necessarily looking, but if he found her, then so be it. His plans were at the forefront of his thoughts.
Little did his family know, but he had a plan to make a lot of money to start his own business. He knew his parents would help him if he asked, but he wanted to do this on his own. Of course, he’d never been anything but a cowboy which meant it had to be something along those lines. His specialty was working with leather. With that, he planned to start his own saddlery.
He grabbed his beer and headed for the bar, tipping the bottle to his lips to empty the last dregs of the brew. Another one sounded good tonight, even though he didn’t usually drink a ton. Tomorrow came early, so he should probably limit it to two.
Just as he reached the bar, someone bumped into him, dumping cold liquid down his back. “Shit!” He spun around to see who spilled beer, probably, on him and found a woman, who barely reached his shoulder. She had the prettiest green eyes he’d ever seen. They seemed almost a little sad, or maybe lonely would be a better word, before shock at what she’d done had registered.
“Oh my God. I’m so sorry. Someone bumped into me. Are you all right?”
“I’m fine. A little beer never hurt anyone.”
“It’s really crowded in here.”
“Yeah, this is a typical Friday night at The Dusty Boot though.” Intrigued, he tilted his head to the side to get a better look at her. “You new here?”
“Sort of.” She pressed her lips together, drawing his gaze to the peach colored gloss on the pouty surfaces. “I’m really sorry,” she shouted as the band started playing again.
“What?”
She leaned in close enough to be heard, bringing the scent of something fresh to his nose. “I said I’m really sorry for the beer down your shirt.”
“Oh. It’s okay. I needed a beer bath tonight.”
She laughed, a little giggling sound, as she pressed her fingertips to her lips.
“I’m Joshua.”
“I’m Candace.”
She held out her hand for him. When he grasped it in his, her hold was firm and strong, not like most women he knew with a wimpy handshake. A tingle shot up his arm to warm something in his chest. “Nice name.”
“Thank you. Yours too.”
“You don’t live around here.”
“No. Actually, I live in California. I’m here visiting a friend who lives here.”
“Welcome to Texas.”
She smiled, showing off straight, white teeth and a small dimple in her left cheek. “Thank you.”
“Can I buy you another beer?” he asked, stuffing his hand in his front right pocket to pull out some money.
“Um, sure.”
He turned around to signal for Peyton to bring him two more beers as the little lady stepped up beside him to let someone pass behind her. “If you want something else, let me know.”
“No, beer is fine. I usually don’t drink much, but I’m here on vacation, so I want to experience everything Texas has to offer.”
“Everything, huh?”
Her gaze slid down his frame from the top of his black Stetson to the tip of his dirty cowboy boots. “Yep.”

It just might be his lucky night after all if this pretty little thing wanted to experience his kind of Texas rodeo.

20 comments:

Heare2Watts said...

Thank you for supporting such a worthy cause. Military life has been a huge part of my life, from being a military brat until my father retired, meeting and marrying a man in the military, and now our son who has been in since 2001 with 7 deployments, 4 to Iraq and 3 to Afghanistan. We know all too well what it is like to have him overseas during the holidays. What I am thankful for, that my son is in the USA.
Kathy Watts
Redrabbitt@aol.com

Karen Cino said...


Wishing you and your family a wonderful holiday season full of love and happiness.

Tamara Hoffa said...

Merry Christmas Sandy

Kathleen Ball said...

hi

danie88 said...

I'm thankful for my family and friends, I feel extremely blessed to have them in my life :)

V.L. Locey said...

Warm wishes for a safe and happy holiday season!

Laurie White said...

I'm thankful for my family, my health, my friends, and my job.

Beverly Ovalle said...

Happy Holidays! Love your hot cowboys.

Teresa Richards said...

I am very thankful for my family and friends. I am thankful for my health and my home. Thank you for this. It is a wonderful cause!

Evelise Archer said...

I am thankful for the health and happiness of my family.
Have a wonderful holiday!
Evelise

havensrealm said...

I am thankful for all my blessings, including being a part of Secret Cravings Publishing. Thank you, Sandy, for all you do, and here's wishing you and yours all the joys of the season!

SherryGLoag said...

I'm thankful for my health and family.
Best wishes to you and yours for a very happy Christmas.

merriedth said...

Merry Christmas

Sandra Nachlinger said...

Delightful excerpt! I'm looking forward to getting to know this cowboy better.
Thanks to you and all the other authors for your participation in the Wounded Warrior Project Blog Hop. I hope it's a rousing success.

Vikki said...

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! Thanks for supporting such a wonderful cause and for being a great publisher, author and friend!

Jeanine said...

Another hot, hot story!! Happy Holidays.

Quilt Lady said...

This is a great thing you all are doing. Happy Holiday's. Your books sounds really good.

Flossie Benton Rogers said...

Thank you for participating in the wounded warriors blog hop. I am thankful for my two precious Snickerdoodles age 7 and 5 and their shining faces at all things Christmas. Wishing you the best for a Merry Christmas and fulfilled new year! http://flossiebentonrogers.com/blog/

Tina B said...

I am thankful for many things. Our freedom, my health and that of my family, the sun (I live in Florida), my friends and family. :)
This is a very worthy cause!
Thank you, Sandy, for participating in the hop, donating and the great giveaway.
trb0917 at gmail dot com

Holly Letson said...

I am thankful for my family.

bookaholicholly at gmail dot com